Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Angry Birds / McDonalds... legit?

McDonald's in China team up with Rovio for an Angry Birds themed location.  This allows customers to play special games while in the restaurant.  They have also hooked up with TBWA/Shanghai and TBWA Gamelab who have created special modes and free power-ups on their iOS devices.  

Customers are given the opportunity to vote on a city to have an actual slingshot outside of that McDonald's.  Talk about giving back to the people!!!  They have been doing an amazing job getting the customers involved in decisions which helps market the company.  I think it help because... If someone asks for you opinion, you are put in a position where you believe they care what you think and are interested in what you have to say.  Whether or not you care its still nice to keep people involved.  You'll be willing to go to McDonald's before jack in the box because they wanted your opinion.

Ricky Madrigal
MKT450
TEAM GRH  



*** sub titles are shown for people like myself who do not understand the language ***

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I love it. I'm not even a huge addict to angry birds but I would want to go to this McDonalds if I had the chance. Not only is it fun and something new, but I believe it really gives McDonalds a personality and a sense of humor. I also think its great that they are getting the community involved in the decision. Not only does it feel good to the consumer that their opinion is valued but it will also bring them into the location as soon as the transformation is complete.

    -Corinne

    ReplyDelete