Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The McJordan Barbecue Sauce

McJordan BBQ sauce has been around since 1992 and is finally being sold.

Mort Bank, a man who used to own McDonald's restaurants in North Dakota, sold a 20-year-old container of McJordan barbecue sauce through eBay. He saved the gallon jug of sauce after selling his McDonald's restaurants. He told The Bismarck Tribune that it was in his basement and that he would look at it occasionally. It sold for $9,995 Monday night to a buyer from Chicago. According to Bank, "Michael Jordan was the first burger that was actually named after an individual, and it had cheese, bacon, barbecue sauce, and a couple other menu items." Who ever bought the barbecue sauce must have been a Bulls fan or a Michael Jordan fan. It probably won't be a good idea to open the jug and put it on some ribs or hamburger and eat it. He would most likely get sick. I wonder what it would taste like when it was made in 1992. I don't remember seeing an advertisement on the McJordan sauce during that year. It was quite an idea to combine arguably the best basketball player in the world with a McDonald's barbecue sauce.

Article link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57534525/former-mcdonalds-restaurant-owner-sells-20-year-old-mcjordan-barbecue-sauce-for-$10000/

- Hanli Tjahyono

2 comments:

  1. Thats crazy I never knew that
    Nikia Trapp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I'm hungry because I've been working on my blog, and presentation now for seven hours at my brother's office and even though there's a sandwhich in the frig, I can't eat it! My stomach is growling now as I type this because I tell you what, I'd try it about now on that hamburger or ribs you talked about. Maybe since I'm finally done I'll head on over to Micky D's and see what they got. Yummy, old sauce or not? Did you have to show me that picture, gez! Sandi Jones

    ReplyDelete